What To Do For A Sinus Headache, Sinuses in the face are air the spaces that develop from the nasal passages and help with air humidification and mucus secretion.
Inflammation of the sinuses may lessen the capacities for the mucus to drain, increasing pressure within the sinuses and leading to a sinus headache. Common causes of inflammation include allergies, infections, or coldness.
- Symptoms of a sinus headache include suffering in the look that may worsen with bending down or straining;
- Pain that radiates to the forehead, tabernacle or cheek;
- runny or stuffy nose;
- post-nasal drip; and
- A persistent cough.
- Diagnosis of a sinus headache is often based on record and physical examination. Blood testing and X-rays are generally not required.
- Treatment is directed at decreasing the redness within the sinus passages, allowing them to drain, and decreasing the pressure that is the cause of a headache. Antibiotics may not always be necessary.
- Home remedies to treat sinus symptoms are directed at helping the sinuses drain to help relieve pressure and redness.
- These include boozing plenty of liquid to remain hydrated, humidification of air, warm compresses to the face, and over-the-counter( OTC) pain drugs.